Eating Disorders and Disordered Eating
Whether it is emotional eating, binge eating, food obsession intertwined with desired weight loss or gain, I work with clients to help regain a healthy relationship with food so that they can once again lead a normal life, without guilt or shame.
These sessions and packages are structured differently due to the additional support and requirements of individuals with either a current eating disorder or someone wishing to fully recover from an historic eating disorder:
- Introductory free 20 minute ‘get-to-know you’ call.
- Initial 60 minute full assessment to determine if Katherine is right for you and this is the right time for you to start this part of your journey. The price of this is offset against a package.
- Minimum of 4 follow-up sessions of which the first will be 90 minutes, follow-ups are 60 minutes although occasionally longer ones needed to be booked for specific, more in-depth work.
- Nutritional recommendations, food plans, supplement advise where appropriate and skills and tools to help you regain a healthy relationship with food.
- Supplement recommendations where appropriate.
- Recommendations supported by evidence-based research.
- Functional test analysis (tests at additional cost) where appropriate to help target the root cause of potential underlying health imbalances that may help support your programme. This may include blood work, stool or urine testing.
- Coaching and behaviour changes are integrated within all sessions at a level appropriate to you and your circumstances.
Katherine works closely with you and your Doctor or other health care providers to ensure the best care and recovery where this is appropriate.
I have finally managed to stop obsessing about food. It used to rule my life but now I have learnt how to fuel my body properly, the cravings have gone and I just feel so much healthier and happier with myself. Katherine has really helped to motivate me and just educate me on how my body works and what it needs.Anon.
I used to suffer with low grade chronic headaches and low energy - I can only describe it as managing to function day-to-day rather than living life as I felt I should be. I now feel like a completely different person - my headaches gradually subsided and I now don't get them at all which is just such a relief. Katherine's programme was very clear and she supported me along with the way with contact initially every week so I felt there was really someone out there looking out for me. I felt Katherine really cared.Mrs P