These are great for low-carb snacks on the go, speedy breakfasts or even post training snacks.
We need to be organised to make the right choices as otherwise end up grabbing processed snacks that are probably going to cause a massive blood sugar spike as desperate/in a rush/hangry. Often we need a bit more than cucumber and hummus (or at least I do!) and these tick the boxes of
- wont spike my blood sugar
- contain protein
- wholesome, unprocessed, nutritious
- tasty 🙂
You can make these in batches and freeze or they will keep in an air-tight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. Children should enjoy them as the sweetcorn adds a sweetness. Experiment with the fillings.
Feta and Sweetcorn Mini Frittata
Notes: For added protein or dairy intolerance swap the feta for chicken or turkey.
- Sauce the onion and leek until lightly cooked, season with salt and pepper.
- Take off the heat and add sweetcorn and feta cheese and mix.
- In a separate bowl or food mixer add the coconut flour, mix with eggs.
- Add the leek/onion/feta mix and stir. Dont do this in the mixer with a blade as it will destroy the texture.
- Add additional milk if needed to make a thick pouring texture.
- Add extra herbs of choice eg dill, tarragon.
- Pour into muffin tins and cook for approximately 8-10 mins at 180 degrees C.
- Can store in the fridge in an airtight container for 2-3 days. Can also be frozen and taken out in batches as needed the night before.